Chiara and I decided to spend the afternoon inside and try to plan some more of the trip. As usual we didn't get very far, so I'm still not sure where I'll be after Paris. Ideally I'd like to hitch hike from Paris to Lausanne in Switzerland, I've heard incredible things about busking there and I'd like to find out if the stories are true. I once met a violin player in Windsor who said he made 1500 Swiss francs in a day, and a guitar player in Amsterdam who said he made 260 euros in an hour. Enough money to fund weeks of travelling for days of work if it's true.
One positive did come from Monday however, Chiara drew a lovely caricature of the two of us in London, and has decided she'd like to do similar for every city we go to. I like the idea because I'm awful at taking photographs, so maybe this time I'll actually have some record of where I've been.
Apparently I eat a lot of bananas....
So here I am listening to frank turner on youtube and wishing my voice was working to I could blare out the lyrics with him. But I'm just about managing to keep my mouth shut. My plan was to record some CD's to sell along the road as we go, but unable to do that I'm resorting to some distinctly average recordings I already made a few months ago before flying to Amsterdam. If you want a copy of the 'EP' find me by the side of the road in Paris and maybe I'll sell you one.
In honour of a day spent inside, here's a Lemon heads cover Inspired by a Frank Turner cover. It's the first thing I recorded on this guitar after the old Fender CD60 was run over by a car in Amsterdam.
The Outdoor Type

No comments:
Post a Comment